Newton students consistently score in the top decile of international student English abilities, resulting from a combination of academic rigor and a broad range of language development options.
English Training Program (IELTS)
Customized Learning Plans
- English learning assessment and analysis
- Flexible and customized study plans adjusting to student’s need
- High-quality teaching and academic management
- Fully Ready to Tests
- 100% real and intensive mock test
- Face-to-face writing test revision
- Student performance feedback provided
- Newton International College is an official IELTS test center.
- The IELTS training fee for Non-AP students is $6,000. Please contact us for more details.
We provide the courses in the ESL program for English language learners with limited prior schooling who have not had opportunities to develop age-appropriate literacy skills in any language. Our courses provide an accelerated program of literacy development for these students.
The main purpose is to help students become successful English language learners who can:
- communicate effectively in a variety of social settings
- achieve academically in all subject areas
- take charge of their own learning, independently and in groups
- integrate confidently into mainstream courses
- advocate for themselves in all areas of their lives
- make a successful transition to their chosen postsecondary destination
- function effectively in a society increasingly committed to the use of information technology
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Its membership exceeds 300,000 in more than 15,800 clubs in 149 countries.
As an official member of Toastmasters International, our students will receive professional speech materials and standardized speech training procedures from the headquarters. They can also share with members from local or global clubs.
As the first international high school to establish Gavel Club (Toastmasters International) in Toronto, we are focused on helping each student improve their presentation and leadership skills, build self-confidence and self-awareness, maximize their potential as well as enjoy unlimited personal growth.
The Advanced Placement program offers university-level classes and exams to high school students. It helps high school students prepare for university by taking advanced courses. Students could take just one or even a dozen AP classes. The coursework in a given subject is generally equivalent to a first-year college course. As a result, a student who achieves a 4 or 5 is usually permitted to skip the corresponding course as a freshman in universities, which can let you earn university credits. It is available to serious students in Grades 10 to 12. The course work culminates in rigorous examinations held in May of the graduating year. There are 38 AP courses available to high school students. Most universities require the student to receive a score of at least three to four.